Saturday, 26 May 2012

Haworth 1940s weekend 2012

Readers of my other blog 'Salt & Light' will have seen photos of this year's fantastic Haworth 1940s weekend.  (See posts starting Monday 21 May). I took so many pictures that I thought some more deserved sharing, if only to show the wonderfully authentic costumes that so many people had put together.  It was pretty impossible to record everyone's name - most of the photos were just quickly snapped as people posed and at an event like that with so many crowds you can't start 'directing' people too much.  It's a case of 'take a quick snap and move on'.  But if anyone knows any of these folks, let me know!







7 comments:

  1. All those people really took time to recreate clothes of the 40ies! the result is fabulous! i'm sure you all had great time! Did you wear something from that time too?..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I didn't but I'm tempted to dress up next year. I think 40's clothes were so stylish.

      Delete
  2. A wonderful set of photos, and I love the costumes. But I bet the soldiers and sailors all were younger back in the 40s. Jim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tracy Derek and Kyle from Birtley Co Durham what a great day out we got our picture taken by lots of people picture 2

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mom came to the US from Germany in 1946...these pictures remind me of her. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing collection. So beautiful I agree. I love that style , always have and think I might always since I was a very little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun! Like the old mixed with the new -- barbara

    ReplyDelete