Monday, 26 March 2012

Portrait of my toes


I had an invitation to Betsy's pedicure party.  Now, my feet are not my favourite part of my body,  especially my nails (and I certainly wouldn't inflict them on a beauty therapist for a pro job!)  - but I do paint them in summer when they're 'on show'.  So I dug out the pink glunk and rather inexpertly dabbed it on.  I suppose, for feet that have done almost 60 years service, they could be worse - no bunions or corns!  But they seemed to need a rather soft focus effect to dare to bare for a party, even  a virtual one.  I've often wondered how to do a proper 'high-key' image.  I played around with this but I don't think I did it properly.  I guess there's a tutorial out there somewhere if only I could find it....

Ah well, let's make the most of the party and get dancing!

And to see all the other glam toes that are tapping, click here.

9 comments:

  1. Charming feet, and I really like the effect you've managed to create, too. Have you used a filter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I used Photoshop's 'Rough pastels' effect on it after I'd bleached it out and then painted the toenails in again.

      Delete
  2. You have beautiful feet. And I was rather inexpert at painting my nails too. Perhaps I will be a little more practiced when the next party rolls around. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photo...I like your special effects. Very nice toes, too. I love how the red of your polish jumps out and takes focus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very artistic. Thanks for stopping by my blog today and checking out MY toes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, jenny! I love the look of this...so beautiful! Thanks so much for joining in! And good luck with the giveaway, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm all for the dancing...hahaha Love your pedi. That color is very hot! Glad to meet you through the party!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this!
    It's beautiful!
    Reminds me of those pinup calendars that they had back in the 40's or 50's.
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. maybe not your favourite parts, but great photography and editing I think. :)

    ReplyDelete