Friday, 18 February 2011

Images of.... KWVR stations

It's all the little details that fascinate.....

The ticket office at Oxenhope station - the fire was lit to warm up waiting passengers, through it needed a bit more coal at this moment...

The Ladies' Waiting Room at Oakworth Station - ladies, you can do a bit of hoovering while you wait!

Original gas light in the Ladies' toilet

British Railways lion logo (I can't remember this so maybe I'm not so old after all!) 

 Lancashire & Yorkshire Railways crest

 Fire-fighting equipment at Oakworth station (all those steam trains made sparks fly!)






Milk churns waiting to be collected, Oakworth station.

7 comments:

  1. I would call this 'Americana' if it were in the States. I don't know what you call it there, but I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a good day out; love the engine shots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you show every detail..Living in a world where there's a "ladies waiting room"!
    i like the first shot with the blackboards and all notes!
    It's obvious that someone cares here, everything is almost like new and used every day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fascinating. I lived in Middleton near Manchester as a little girl and I remember the station ticket office there was very much like this one. Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the Ladies Waiting Room :)

    ReplyDelete