Tuesday, 7 September 2010

Images of ..... Dentdale

From the viewpoint at the top of Flinter Gill, above the village of Dent, looking over to the hills. They have wonderful names like Yarlside, Calf, Calders, Arant Haw and Helms Knott.

The Occupation Road, an old drover's road across the fells.

A typical drystone wall

Another view from Occupation Road

The pretty farmhouse of Bower Bank in the hamlet of Gawthrop. Right next door is a converted barn, now an 'eco' holiday let. It used to be the recording studio of the comedian, folk singer and writer Mike Harding.

View along the dale looking towards Dent village

8 comments:

  1. I love that first shot of Occupation Road.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a perfect holiday place! I love the stone walls and the patches of heather along the road in the second photo - very promising walk:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!! And wonderful pictures!! Thanks for sharing! It all looks so inviting that I could just jump into the pictures and take a nice long walk. Cat

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I think about England, that's eactly what I see in my mind!Beautyful green landscapes, small roads through the country.. I would like so much to be there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah gorgeous - brings back many memories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The photo of Occupation Road is beautiful. The stone walls are fascinating. We see more field stone walls, round stones that look like giant potatoes. It's raining here, but I feel like I have traveled to a wonderful place already. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful. Just wonderful. I love your style. and your country is so beautiful.
    Love this last image yet I love them all

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolute wonderful landscape!

    ReplyDelete